10 HubPages and Squidoo Mistakes to Avoid
Squidoo and HubPages can be wonderful resources to get the word out about your blog or website, to earn an extra stream of money, or to practice and to showcase your writing skills. If you are a business owner, then your first priority might be focused on creating interesting articles that will inform your readers about main news or other interesting information related to your business, products or services, and invite website guests over to your blog or website to learn more.
The beauty of using platforms such as HubPages and Squidoo, is that both websites are free to join. However, there are many common mistakes that new authors of HubPages, and of Squidoo make. These mistakes are time wasters, because they leave your articles unpublished and in some cases, get you banned from publishing on these sites. Here's a look at some of the most common mistakes to avoid on these websites:
- Don't skip reading the FAQ pages and the beginning writer's pages. So many questions can be answered here, and these are designed for newbies.
- Don't plagiarize or publish duplicate content.
- Don't create pages that are too spammy or promotional.
- Don't post explicit content if it's not allowed.
- Don't ignore the forums or the
groups. They are networking opportunities, and they are there to help you
learn the ropes and about opportunities.
- Don't forget to promote your pages (hubs and lenses). Really, it won't happen on its own.
- Don't create irrelevant, sloppy, uninteresting, or otherwise bad content.
- Don't use bad grammar, spelling, or other poorly written content.
- Don't portray yourself as an expert, when the quality of your content betrays you as otherwise.
- Don't forget to get help as needed. If you find your work in Under Construction status at Squidoo, for instance, follow up with member forums there or support to find out how to fix your lens and revise it, as needed. There can be any number of reasons that trigger this, and not all are permanent or bad. In fact, many can be fixed quickly and easily by adding a little more content and / or modules.
These might seem amusing to appalling, but these mistakes happen all of the time. However, if you stay away from these mistakes, and if you are very clear on the guidelines, then you should have no problem getting your work published, or with getting lots of visitors for your pages.
Advance with Affordable Business Support Services & Products, Outsourcing with Personal Virtual Assistants today at: http://www.ohiohelpgroup.com - visit the links to sign up for their free newsletter packed with tips!