Get Off to a Great Start With These Blogging Tech Tips
If you're ready to start blogging and want to do it right from the start, you probably aren't sure where to begin. The following tips will help you get started in the right direction and help you generate revenue as a part-time job or a full-time business. Blogging can take some effort on your part, but the activity can be well worth it in the long run.
1. There are several blogs services out there however the most popular at the moment are WordPress blogs. They're very user-friendly, and Google loves them if they are set up correctly. These blogs are robust when it comes to creating pages, posting and managing your content, too.
2. WordPress provide numerous free, professional look themes for you to choose from, and these themes are very easy to install. You can also purchase a custom theme if you want something more personalized.
3. Come up with a domain name for your blog and get it registered. A good domain name will represent your brand in addition to helping you get noticed inside the blogging community and online world in general. Using keywords in your domain can also help attract more readers and search engines.
4. Choosing a web hosting company is one of the most important things you can do. You'll want to choose one that supports WordPress installs, offers email service, and other resources. Do your homework online reading reviews and comparing costs. Choose a company with a good reputation. Remember the old adage - you get what you pay for, so don't necessarily go with the cheapest option.
5. Take advantage of the power of plugins. They can really boost the power and functionality of your blog. Visit the blog service's online community to find out the best ones to use. You don't want to over-due it though. Too many plugins can slow down the load time of your blog.
6. Develop some type of plan so that you have goals for the outcome of your blogging work. Don't just want cash. In other words, how is the money going to be generated? Have plans and track them to make sure your system works. You don't want to drive traffic to your blog only to find that your affiliate links or shopping cart links don't work right, and as people click them, they lead to your competitors' sites or other places.
Get help as needed with virtual assistants and ghostwriters so that you have plenty of good blog posts. And keep up with technology and the web in the realm of blogging. As blogging evolves, so should your plans.
Advance with Affordable Business Support Services & Products, Outsourcing with Personal Virtual Assistants today at: http://www.ohiohelpgroup.com - visit the links to sign up for their free newsletter packed with tips!