Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Main Methods
The main search engines, or the "big three", Google, Yahoo and Bing, each use what is known as a crawler to spider the pages that they incorporate into their search engine returns. Pages which are typically linked on one website are found, and as such don't need to be submitted to the search engine separately.
Some webcrawlers and search engines including Yahoo's actually have a program whereby they charge a set fee for inclusion in their listings. This is one way to have your site indexed in a search engine, although programs such as this do not guarantee that you will be given any specific ranking in the results. For those who do not pay for inclusion, Yahoo and Dmoz require a manual submission and review your website prior to inclusion.
Google, on the other hand, offers the Webmaster Tools which allows you to use a sitemap that you can submit to their search engine in order to assure that each page of the site is found. They do not guarantee rank however, leaving that up to more than 200 determining factors in their algorithm. The Google engine views the content of your site and other search engine optimization (SEO) factors to determine where your site will rank and what page rank it will achieve.
This is known as organic traffic, or traffic that comes to you from the search engines. Inorganic, or non-organic traffic comes from other methods, such as pay per click advertising and paid inclusions in places such as directories.
Some ways that you can boost your prominence in Google as well as some of the other engines are to use methods such as:
· Cross Linking - Cross linking means linking the pages of your website backwards and forwards in order to improve the visibility of the pages.
· Relevant Content -Write or outsource content that includes well researched keywords that are relevant to your niche or website.
· Update Frequently- Keep your content fresh and dynamic so that the crawls are more frequent, which will give your site more weight in nearly every search engine.
· Alt Tags- Add alt tags to your images. This can help to ensure that Google and other search engines can spider the images by virtue of the text on the page.
· Relevant meta tags - Enter a description, title and some keywords for each page.
SEO Helpers: Ghostwriters and Virtual Assistants
There is no need to manage your SEO all by yourself, though. You can quickly and easily outsource your content and SEO-related tasks to experienced ghostwriters and virtual assistants. These helpers can create sales copy for your website, descriptions for your ecommerce pages, articles, press releases, blog posts, videos and audios (aka podcasts) and more. Plus they can publish the content on your sites, on other sites like at article directories. These helpers can also network with others to grow your link building and web presence round the clock.
Advance with Affordable Business Support Services & Products, Outsourcing with Ghostwriters & Personal Virtual Assistants today at: http://www.ohiohelpgroup.com - visit the links to sign up for their free newsletter packed with tips!